From 1995 till 2003, we were in charge, on behalf of Lux-Developement, of the development of the official mapping organisation in Namibia (Directorate of Survey and Mapping). In this framework, we assured:
- Development of an original methodology for the update of topographic maps at scales 1:50'000 and in the 1:250'000;
- Technical assistance and training to the Directorate of Survey and Mapping, covering most aspects of map production;
- Direct implication in the activities of photo interpretation, GIS, field surveying, cartographic editing; etc.
- Supervision of the activities of air photography, production of orthophotos and offset printing.
- On the whole, more than 150 map sheets were produced during this project.
- From 2000 till 2002, we assured the technical responsibility of the contract for the updating of 1:250'000 topographic maps of the northern Namibia , for an international consortium
(Lux-Development, Swede Survey, Urban Dynamics Africa, Cartography De Schutter). 35 map sheets were produced for this contract.