Geographic Information Systems:
- We use the Geographic Information Systems since they exist (1985), first within the framework of research projects, then in a more operational way;
- We use on a daily basis the following GIS software: ArcGIS (10), ArcView (3.3), Global Mapper (12), ERMapper (7), MapWindowsGIS (4.7) and many specialised modules.
- We developed and supervised a multidisciplinary project aiming at promoting the use of GIS within several ministries in Namibia (NAM-328 project - Lux-Development), with applications in demography, surface hydrology, geohydrology, town planning, education, health, agriculture, forestry, etc. In this project, we were also in charge of the technical assistance and for the training;
- Since 1997, we supply from time to time technical assistance and training on using GIS for medical and sanitation projects for Médecins sans Frontières - Belgium ;
- We developed for Lux-Developpement an inventory investigation survey about the current situation of development of GIS in Mali , accompanied with recommendations on the possible usage of GIS to support the decentralisation process in Mali.
- On a few projects on behalve of our clients, we organised a needs analysis and helped with the procurement and implementation of GIS solutions (Namibia, Burkina-Faso, Mali, Niger, a.o.)